Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Musical Interlude - 2

Yesterday was my first blog free day since I began this here project. My hat's off to those people out there that post something everyday. It is more work than people that haven't tried will understand. Anyway, the point of the day off was for me to experience life in all its glory.

So I got up, did the usual morning rituals. You know, brushing the teeth, shower, corn dog for breakfast, getting disgusted by the news reports, reading a little, all the while waiting for this wonderful thing called life to happen. Eventually I made my way back to my work space and slipped with ease into my regular routines. I figured that if life happened by, I could drop what I was doing and take notice. In the meantime I might as well work.

There are three Blog related projects underway on my desk at this time. Despite the technical difficulties I have continued to work on my “Line Around the World Project” (aka, The Subway Line). I have been experimenting and have learned some surprising things. I have also received some very helpful suggestions which I will be incorporating. There is also a related project which took up a couple of hours yesterday. This project is highly scientific and will be a boon for mankind when I post the results.

It was now after eleven o'clock and life had yet to make an appearance. I was in a groove so I worked for a couple of hours on my fourth maze. After that I noticed it was time to go to my real job, the one that pays the rent, until the Subway deal comes through.

I was happy that I hadn't waited around for life to show up. It would have meant a wasted day if I had.

Anyway, I normally listen to music while working. My iPod is loaded with all sorts of music, from ABBA (don't laugh!) to Zwan (actually after Zwan, there is 10,000 Maniacs and 3 Doors Down, but... A to Z). But yesterday I was listening to an Amibent artist named Robert Carty. His music is very well suited to concentrating on a task that requires it. His website is here.


Here is one of a number of cool music videos he has made.




As I get older this is the way time seems to flow. More and more quickly. I imagine a time when this time lapse stuff will look like slow motion.

Tomorrow we will have another page of maze to tackle.

Jonathan


2 comments:

  1. Corn dog?! What happened to chili for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite entertaining! You really are one of The People! I hope some day soon that "real" life will intersect with "bloglife".

    ReplyDelete