Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Maze - Page 8

It is Thursday which means another page of my first maze is due. As I write this I haven't seen a comment from Midori, but I'm fairly sure that she will want page 8. That is the one I'm putting up today. Since I started this Blog I've been very busy. I asked myself, and then after I thought about it for a while I asked my wife, if there was something I normally do that I wasn't getting done now. Was the work on the various Blog projects interfering with anything? She replied, “Cleaning the bathrooms.” That is true, but I put that off as long as possible anyway.

We determined that even though the Blog has taken over all of my free time, nothing important has been left out. True I don't play my racing games, or Replay Baseball anymore, or ride my bicycle, and I haven't watched much TV lately. But I'm making great strides on my fourth maze and may even finish drawing it by the end of January. So things have a way of working out.

The November Ink Drop maze is coming along. The reason it takes so long is that I have to use 5 pen loads of ink using two pens. My rule is that I must use all of the ink in a pen before flushing that pen out to change colors. This means that I do a lot of work on the fourth maze as I'm working of the Ink Drop mazes. For instance, during the time I did the three October mazes I also did five pages of my big maze with the same colors. So far in November I have finished three pages in the big maze using the ink drop colors.

Anyway, I've finished with three of the colors. Only three more to go. Here is what it looks like so far:




So, that is that. Now it is time for the 8th page of the big maze. First the scanned and edited version.

Page 8


 

Here it is in the wild. Well, it is only looking off my patio, but I liked the way the leaves have changed since the first 'in the wild' picture I posted.



Tomorrow I will have an update on my Line Around The World project. I have made some progress.

Jonathan

7 comments:

  1. Oophs, sorry. I forgot to post a request for page 8 so I am very glad that you anticipated what page I would need next, O'Master of Mazes!

    The Wife is very funny in her reply to your question if the blog is interfering with your other duties.

    Thanks for the happy news that you are enjoying warm and sunny days. On Monday we are getting a threat of snow! Yes, already. I am not happy with the idea.

    Husband is back from his business trip. He missed Brian's u-stream this week so will probably watch it this weekend. He is buried in work right now.

    As for me, today is laundry day so I will try to work the maze in between times and I will post my next page request. Hopefully, I will not be going backwards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrrrgghhh!!!! I went backwards to a seemingly deadend! I will try again later when I don't feel so frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that Midori! I may have lost track of where you are. Which circle did you get to now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am at 8D all deadends! I must have made a wrong turn or missed something. Anyway, I have to take a break from it - the husband wants dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed, you have hit your first deadend. Pretty depressing isn't it? You probably should take a day off before picking up the path further back. If you have trouble with deciding where to start again, email me for a hint.

    Santa Cruz was very nice tonight, cloudy but no rain yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Depressing doesn't adequately describe it...more like "plunging into the inky black depths of despair." I will follow your advice and take the day off from the maze. So I'm guessing because I am not going to look at the maze right now that I need to go back to page 7 and start again...or do I have to go further back than that? (gulp)

    Ah Santa Cruz! We have rain, cold rain. Not good weather for The Line right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually I noticed that you left the rightous (correct) path at page 4. Maybe you should take two days off!

    ReplyDelete