Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Maze - Page 12

It was great to have a day off from blogging yesterday. It gave me a chance to catch up on some things. Today I bring you the next page of the first maze. This is page 12. I received some feedback from Mark that some of the pages I had already posted had ambiguities in them. This was not good news to hear. Looking back at them I had to agree that because these pages might be printed out larger than I originally printed them, it was possible that the line work could print out less clear than is necessary.

I went back to the original edited bitmap scans and played around with them. I re-sampled the images and ran them through a contrast filter. The result is better, cleaner line work. Hopefully this will take care of the problem spots Mark was talking about. I replaced several of the uploaded images with the new improved versions and will eventually replace all of them. My thanks to Mark for discovering this problem.

Anyway, here is the scanned and edited version of page 12:

Page 12


Here is the same page in the wild. As I was taking this picture down in Santa Cruz a guy came up to me and asked what it was. As usual I explained that it was a book length maze. “Super Cool!”, he said as he got closer. I vaguely noticed that he was carrying a walking stick or something. I went back to trying to take the picture, while my wife standing behind me nervously watched the guy raise the stick he was carrying. She was sure that he was going to bang me in the head with it. But no, he threw it like a spear out onto the sand of the beach. Fortunately, the beach was not filled with the throngs of bikini clad women that are usually laying out there in the Summertime. There was another guy walking past on the sand. The “Super Cool,” guy called out, “Hey, bring my stick back.” One wonders why he threw it in the first place. Maybe he just missed my head.

Here is the picture:


That is the pier and way in the background on the other side of the bay is Monterey.
Tomorrow I'll update you on my Line Around The World Project. I have the answer to Midori's question, “When will you be passing our place?”

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment