Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Drawing The Line - 10

Last Tuesday night, or I should say last Wednesday morning I came home from work and decided I had better roll out my next Line segment. As it turned out it was a good thing I did, because it rained for the next two days. It was one o'clock in the morning by the time I had packed up the cash register tape and my hat. I decided to drive to the starting point.

Here is the start of roll 27. On the right is a row of fraternity houses of Santa Clara University. Don't ask me which fraternities they are, they're all Greek to me.

Here is the end of roll 27. As you can see, there aren't very many people around at 1:15 on a Wednesday morning.



Here is the end of roll 28. I figured that this would be a good time to break in my new artist's hat.



This is the end of roll 29. Right in the middle of an intersection. This is when the early morning hours really pay off.


Here is the end of roll 30.


One reason I wanted to go by the frat houses at night was that one of them had nice Christmas lights up. Here it is in the background.


With the completion of this segment of my Line Around The World we have come 3,960 feet which is
¾ of a mile. Wow!

I'll be back with more soon.

Jonathan

1 comment:

  1. I love this! There's something nice and eerie, and so sweetly quiet about that time of morning. I did notice that your hat was missing something-like a head, for example! It's a very solemn picture, don't you know-the hat, the tape and the lights-so inanimately there. I'd love a painting of just that by itself-makes a good, unique picture.

    ReplyDelete