Friday, May 13, 2011

A Maze - Page 53

Okay, this is a re post of the post lost in the crash. If the original comes back, I'll delete this one.


Here is the latest page of my first maze. It appears to be almost indistinguishable from all of the pages that have preceded it. It is true that this maze contains quite a bit of sameness. Only when looked at in detail, as one must do in order to solve the maze, does one realize each page is quite different.


Here it is in its scanned and edited version.

Page 53


This is the same page in the wild. This is down in the Little Yosemite of Sunol Regional Park. There is a rule against even touching the water here. I don't know when that rule came into effect, but years ago we use to wade and play around in the cold water. I remember writing in my journal in the shade of the boulders on a hot summer afternoon.


 
Much of the park was and still is ranch land. Some paths take you pass grazing cattle. One time we had to pass by a big bull with no fence between him and us. We must have survived our passing since I'm writing this. (I like that bit, “survived our passing”. It sounds almost spiritual.) Anyway the valley looks like this:


 

While walking along the creek looking for a short cut I almost stepped on this fellow sunning himself on a rock.




I recognized him immediately, but I pretended not to just to annoy him. Celebrities hate it when someone doesn't recognize them, though they they pretend to despise the attention. Somehow this fellow could tell that I knew who he was and said:

Lizard: Yeah I used to be a star.

Me: What was you last film?

Lizard: The one where me and my cousin were fighting near the edge of a cliff. We end up in a death embrace and rolled over the edge and fell into the sea below. Now THAT was acting. We made a big splash with that scene!

Me: I remember that one. I laughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my side.

Lizard: That was before people began settling for this CGI crap the studios use nowadays. Those Jurassic Park characters were so fake. You call that acting?


Me: I guess you and your cousin have gone the way of the dinosaurs huh?

Lizard: Very funny. We're still big, it is just the movies that have gotten small!


Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment