Friday, May 20, 2011

Gloulet Pens May 2011 Ink Drop - Part 6

The last of May's Ink Drop samples to test was the Noodler's Apache Sunset. I wasn't sure what to expect from this ink and what I found was a nice orange which leans to the yellow side. It is somewhat pale on the page. It takes longer to dry than I'd like, but not as long as some of the Noodler's offerings. I'm still not sure what I think about it. I don't think that I would have much use for it in my maze drawing. For people that do actual real art it would come in handy though. It is the closest thing to a flesh color that I has used.

For the fifth and final page of my test maze I paired it with the Diamine Majestic Blue. I thought to make a a sunset scene but I had too many nodes left to complete the maze. The small smears and smudges on the Apache Sunset side are real, the bigger smears on the Blue side were caused by moisture on my fingers from the glass of diet coke I was drinking. It was the first time that I have done a color split like this one. It was fun.

So here it is:


A note about the Noodler's Fountain pens which were used for both inks in this page. The pens do work for drawing the maze. The lines are consistant and fine enough. The problem I had with them is that sometimes it takes a little messing about to get them flowing again if you set them aside for a while. But for the price they are hard to beat.


I will do one more post for the May Ink Drop in which I will post the scanned and edited pages for solving.

Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment