Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Goulet Pens May 2011 Ink Drop - Part 5

The May Ink Drop from Goulet Pens is called “Goulet Favorites”. The sample inks are ones that Brian and Rachel use and like a lot. So far I've tested four of these and while all of them are good inks, each with with its own appeal, two of them stand out as superior inks. I'm talking about the Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-Peki and the J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune. Both of these are quick drying easy to handle inks which are a joy to use.

I have already talked about them when I posted the pages where I first used them. Here is a page of my test maze where I used both of these inks together. I used the J. Herbin in my Ducati and the pen/ink combo was smooth as satin sheets on a moonless night (I've never actually tried that, but it sounds pretty darn smooth).



The Kon-Peki worked very well in the Pilot Vanishing Point. I have to say that I'm a big fan of the Vanishing Point pens. They are great travelers. The nib hides away until you click it out and it never fails to write right off. No messing about to get it flowing. Once you are done, Click, and the nib is hidden away and you can slip it into your pocket. No need to wear a pocket protector (unless you want to make a fashion statement) because the pens never leak. I will say that compared to the Ducati they seem a bit scratchy. Both of my Pilots are Fine Nibs and the Ducati is a Medium so that might account for some of the difference.

In addition to drawing the test mazes I post for the Ink Drop, I'm also drawing several pages of me fifth maze with these inks. Here is a page of this big maze in progress. It also uses my favorite inks.



That's it for today.

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment