Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Goulet Pens May 2011 Ink Drop - Part 1

Because of the nature of the April Ink Drop where we had to guess the inks, I finished testing them early. I actually had a couple of days where I had four fountain pens sitting cleaned out and waiting. This gave me a little break from my occupation of maze drawing. That break is now over because I received the May Ink Drop today.




 

Spoiler Alert!






 

The May theme is “Goulet Favorites”. These are inks which Rachel and Brian like.

They are:

Diamine Majestic Blue (I have this one and like it very much)
J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune
Noodler's Apache Sunset
Noodler's Cactus Fruit Eel
Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

It looks like a good variety of colors to try. I'm really looking forward to trying the Pilot ink in one of my Pilot Vanishing Points.

Here's what the Drop looks like without the extras (book mark, sticker and labels for the April samples with the real names). For once I can jump right in with these inks. I think I will do another simple three page maze. So stay tuned.


 

After our weekly trip to the library this evening, we went out into our backyard garden to smell the flowers. When I say “backyard” I mean our metaphorical backyard. San Jose has a Municipal Rose Garden which is in full bloom now. Here are some quick pictures.


















There is so much color and beauty that it is almost overwhelming.



Now it is time to ink up some pens, lock myself into my cell and work on my mazes.

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment