Sunday, May 15, 2011

Goulet Pens May 2011 Ink Drop - Part 4

For the third page of the May test maze I used the Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-Peki and Diamine Majestic Blue. I own a bottle of Majestic Blue and used it for a few pages of my fourth maze. I like the color and the reddish sheen that it shows when viewed at an angle. On one page of the fourth maze I used both Majestic Blue and Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue. The two inks are so close to each other that only the reddish sheen shows that two inks were used. The Majestic Blue does take awhile to dry. It is easy to smudge it even if you are careful. Even after it is dry it will stain your fingertips if you handle the inked surfaces of the paper. For letter writing this is not a problem. For maze drawing it is not a desirable characteristic. But I do like its richness.

The Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-Peki is of course a big favorite of mine. I like it more and more as I use it. I guess to be fair I should try it out in the Noodler's Fountain pen as I did with the Majestic Blue. Here is the third page out of five pages of this test maze.



I have completed the maze. The solution is as devious as I could manage. I'll be scanning all five pages this week.

Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment