Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Goulet Pens' October 2010 Ink Drop

Here is the first of a series of three mazes which I am doing to test the inks that I received in October's Ink Drop from Goulet Pen Company. Each month Brian and Rachel of Goulet Pens pick 5 different inks. To each member of the program they send a small sample vial of each of these inks. Each sample is large enough to really test and get a feel of the ink. Members can then purchase their favorite ink or inks at a discount price.

This is my first month in the program and I had to come up with a way to test the sample inks. What better way for me to test something than to use it for my intended purpose. I normally draw mazes, so I decided to draw small simple mazes to see if these inks will do the trick.


The inks for October are:

Diamine Pumpkin
Diamine Syrah
Noodler's Beaver
Noodler's Red
Private Reserve Orange Crush

And a bonus ink: Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire.


October Ink Drop Test Maze 1

As you can see, this maze uses the Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire and Noodler's Red. All the test mazes in this series will be drawn on paper from a Triomphe Pad which has 90g Clairefontaine paper. This paper is much better than the sketch book paper all of my mazes have been drawn on up to this point. I did have smudging with the Sapphire probably because I am not use to the longer drying time of this paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment