Sunday, October 24, 2010

Goulet Pens' October 2010 Ink Drop Finale

Here we go, the last of the series. This one uses the final two colors of the October Ink Drop, Private Reserve Orange Crush and Noodler's Beaver. I found that the Orange Crush had a similar smudging problem as the Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire. Again this was due to the longer drying time. This doesn't show up on the mazes I post on here very much, because I do a quick edit on them. I'd rather show you a solvable maze than show you the smudges. The Orange Crush was like drawing with a pen filled with two colors because of the extreme shading, even with my fine nib. I like the effect, others might be put off by it. The Beaver is a very good brown on the red side. So, here it is:

October Ink Drop Test Maze 3




The bottom line on the inks:

All of the inks are perfectly acceptable in my Fine nib pens. Even the smudging was more my fault than the ink's fault. For my picks it comes down to what will expand the range of colors and brands I have. Since all of my current inks are Private Reserve offerings, I am eager to buy something else. Color wise the Noodler's Beaver and the Diamine Pumpkin are the biggest departures from my existing palette. I'm leaning towards the Pumpkin, but it is a close call.

Well, I am happy to have finished October before November's Ink Drop arrives!

Next up, the start of my first real maze. This series of posts will last ... Never mind, I don't want to scare you off, so I'll keep that information to myself for now.

Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment