Monday, October 25, 2010

A Maze - The Start

A Maze
by Jon Whitworth

Legal Disclaimers

The author cannot be held responsible for any illness, physical or mental, suffered by the user of this publication. This includes, but is not limited to hair loss, weight gain or loss, eye strain, mild or extreme irritation, insanity, depression or despair.

The author also cannot be held responsible for personal problems that may occur during the use of this publication. This includes, but is not limited to, job loss, marital difficulties, obsession, homelessness, institutionalization or death.

Any resemblance to the internal organs of any person, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Profound spiritual insights are a common and, by and large, beneficial side effect of the proper external use of this product.



Tedious I know, but that may save my rear end at some later date.

Now, without further adieu, ... my first maze.


Page 1


Start at the circle with the 1 in it and work your way to one of the other circles. The number/letter combination in the circle you reach is the page and circle that your path continues from.

 I could post all of the pages now, but if I did I know that nobody would even start the maze. Maybe by posting it bit by bit readers will not become discouraged.

Good Luck!

Jonathan

P.S. I thought it would be cool to post a picture of each page of the maze as it lives in real life. Here is the first page:


7 comments:

  1. Glad to see your mental state hasn't changed! :-)How long does it actually take to create a maze...and do you then "do" them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment and questions, Tim. I do suffer from terrifying periods of lucidity though. Thankfully, they don't last long.

    Excellent questions. Each page of a maze takes 3 - 5 hours for me to draw. It depends on what is going on around me. I drew the first maze over a period of 6 months. It took another 2 months or so to scan, edit and solve. Yes, I do solve them. It would be cruel not to. Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Midori, I confirmed that one path goes more or less down the middle of the page and ends up at 2A. With the geography of this page that means all of the good paths lie on the right hand side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Master of all Mazes!

    Thank you for the tip. I am pleased to report that this very morning, aided with a superimposed penciled grid over maze 1, a packet of colored pencils, strong coffee and grit, after 44 failed attempts...the 45th was successful!!!!!! Unfortunately, my path lay betwixt 1 and 3A...did I do something wrong?!?! I was suppose to end up at 2A?!?! Should I try again? (sigh)

    Despondantly,

    Midori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Midori, very good. You can get started this very instant since page 3 is already posted. Just continue your journey from the 3A circle on the third page. Wow! You are the first person other than myself to actually find even one path!

    I suggest a trip to a trained therapist for a check up just to be on the safe side.

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Master of all Mazes,

    Armed with my packet of colored pencils and in despair, I sat down and stumbled my way to "2A" this afternoon. So now I have one start and two ends.

    However, the husband thinks I need to give up mazes...they take a great deal of time to solve and it is thought that I could be accomplishing something useful with my time like ridding the world of shed cat hair (vacuuming the house.)

    I will attempt to print out the next maze but I will have to work covertly on it so it may take me longer to solve...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Midori, is sounds like you have worked out a great system. There are more important things in the world than solving mazes (I suppose). Ridding the world of cat hair would be up there on the list! See ya!

    ReplyDelete