Monday, June 6, 2011

A Maze - Page 59

It is finally sunny this morning. For the last week or more it has been more like late February than June around here. Normally I wouldn't mind too much because it would just be a welcome delay in the arrival of hot weather, but it has been a bit of a downer lately.

A week ago I experienced a small stroke and loss the use of my right side limbs to a great degree. I spent Memorial Day in the hospital, but was released the next day. Since then I have recovered roughly half of the lost function in my leg and 80 percent of the loss in my hand and arm. This is quite a relief. I'm not able to go to work yet, but I'm sure it will only be a couple of weeks more before I'm back.

This means that I have a little extra time to devote to my mazes. It turns out that the mazes are a good therapy for my right hand. I was half way done with the 45th page of my fifth maze when the stroke occurred. I finished up that page over the first couple of days out of the hospital and the effects of the stroke are apparent in the line quality.


 
After a week my lines are much better and I know I will be able to do my Ink Drop mazes. I have received the June Drop, but haven't started work yet. I made a mistake last month by posting the colors of the Ink Drop too early. This month you will have to wait until Brian and Rachel reveal the colors before I post anything.

Here is the scanned and edited version of the next page of my first maze.

Page 59


Here is the same page in the wild. This is back at my favorite bench at the New Camaldoli Hermitage in Big Sur. It is well after sunset now.


That's it for today.

Jonathan

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are making a speedy recovery! Yay!!! How great that drawing mazes are especially good exercises for you right now! Keep up the good work!!

    Sending healing thoughts and wishes to you.

    Midori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Midori. At least the mazes are good for something! See you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete