Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Goulet Pen's June 2011 Ink Drop - Part 1

It is halfway through June already and most, if not all, members of Goulet Pen Company's Ink Drop club have received their packages. This post should not be giving any surprises away. This month the Ink Drop theme is “Blue Skies”. As one would expect, the ink samples are mostly blues. Here they are:


J. Herbin Blue Nuit
Noodler's Nightshade
Pilot Iroshizuku Asa-gao (Morning Glory)
Private Reserve Midnight Blues (Fast Dry)
Sailor Jentle Sky High



This is a picture of what you get. Actually you also get a Ink Drop Club sticker which I didn't show in this shot.



I have used all of the samples except for the Pilot Iroshizuku which I'm saving for last. They are all very useable inks, as opposed to some the the exotic inks included in some previous Drops. The Noodler's Nightshade is not a blue. It is actually a brown with a purple cast to it.

I don't need to tell Ink Drop members what a fun treat these packages are to receive, but I want to encourage non-member to join. It is great way to get a chance to try many different inks at a very reasonable cost. This month I get to try a Sailor ink without paying for an entire bottle. I also get to try out another Pilot Iroshizuku offering without parting with an arm or a leg.


That's it for now. I'll post some test mazes later.

Jonathan



No comments:

Post a Comment