Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Goulet Pen's June 2011 Ink Drop - Part 3

The second test maze of the June Ink Drop paired the same Sailor Jentle Sky High that was used in the first maze with Noodler's Nightshade. As mentioned previously the Sailor Jentle Sky High is a very pleasant ink, both in the way it handles and the color itself. This is the first Sailor ink that I've tried and I don't know what I expected. Maybe tattoo blue and hairy forearms, I don't know, but I found it to be a nice surprise. No smudging, smearing or swearing (from me).

The Noodler's Nightshade is not a blue, but a brown with a purple tint. Compared to many Noodler's offerings this one drys fairly quickly. Used in a Fine nib Pilot, I had no trouble with smudging or smearing. I was still having trouble with my hand so I was drawing much slower than normal and this might have helped. When paired with the blue of the Sailor sample it looks very much like a true brown, but there is a bit of purple in there. This is good ink although I don't know what one would use a brown for in real life.

Here is the scanned and edited version:


Here is the same maze in real life. The checkerboard look shows up better in this maze than the first one. The Ducati with the Sky High and the Pilot Vanishing Point with the Nightshade are beside the maze.



That's it for today.


Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment