Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bittner the Pleasure of Writing

Hidden away amongst the art galleries, shoe shops, clothes boutiques that make up downtown Carmel is a little shop which fountain pen aficionados will enjoy. It is Bittner on Ocean Ave. In this new world of online shopping it must be tough going for a brick and mortar store and especially one in an upscale tourist destination.

We don't always visit Carmel when we stay in the Monterey Bay area, but if we do I always visit this shop.



It is fun to look at pens I could never afford. This is where I bought my first Pilot Vanishing Point and where I bought my Ducati Limited.













They carry fine watches as well.



Before my friend told me about Goulet Pens I bought most of my ink here. Needless to say Goulet Pen Company has a much bigger selection of brands and colors.



Bittner has an online presence as well and I received a very cool print catalog last year. There were pens in it going for thousands and thousands of dollars. I seriously doubt if the thoughts that I would write with one of those would be any more profound than the ones I write with a Bic Ballpoint pen. I would try harder though.

Anyway, it is worth a look if you are in the area.

Jonathan


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Can't wait to get back to this place. Good for you! NOTHING stops the BLOG!

    ReplyDelete