Monday, February 7, 2011

A Maze - Page 29

It is once again time for a new page of my first maze. Some people have asked me why I am posting this maze serially. Well, there are a couple of reason for this. The first is that by doing it this way I am assured to have considerable material for the blog. The mazes consist of many pages and I have this maze and one more already prepared to post. Being the lazy sort of guy that I am, I want to make the most of these mazes. Hence I stretch out the posting of them.

The other reason is that posting the pages from beginning to end will encourage people to try and solve the maze as it is intended to be solved, from start to finish. Not that I solved it that way, but please, do as I say and not as I do. That is a good general principle really, I'm sorry to say.

Anyway, I had three days of freedom before I started my fifth maze. It was a weird feeling not having a maze to draw during those three days. It has been years since that was the case. I started a new maze only because I needed something to run the ink out of my pens. For you see, I am drawing test mazes for the February Ink Drop samples. I have one done already, but I need to empty two pens before I can continue with the next one. They are going to be simple one page mazes just for fun. I will be posting the first one soon, so stay tuned.

For now I give you page 29 of my first maze. First the scanned and edited version.

Page 29


Here is the same page in the wild. The picture was taken at Ravenswood Estate once again, this time looking back toward Arroyo Road. When we kids, the vineyard was not there, just an empty field. The tract houses in the background were not there either. For more on the history of this old place you can look here. There are plenty of good photos there, but none of the collection of toilets I mentioned earlier.



Tomorrow I will have another Line Around The World update.

Jonathan



No comments:

Post a Comment