Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Goulet Pen's February 2011 Ink Drop – Part Two

Today I bring you a single page maze drawn with one of this month's Ink Drop colors. That color is Noodler's Ottoman Rose. Again I used Private Reserve Lake Placid Blue as a contrasting color even though it is not an Ink Drop color. As I mentioned earlier, this blue is my all time favorite color. At least for now.

The Ottoman Rose is a great ink. It seemed to take a little longer to dry than the Shah's Rose. Since I tend to be a slob, this meant that I had a few smudges where my hand rested on completed lines. To me the color reminded me of blood. It was deep red when wet and dried with a bit of a brownish cast. If you had to sign a contract in blood, say with the devil for you soul, this would make a good substitute. I don't know what legal difficulties might arise with the Prince of Darkness if you did use ink instead of blood, but if you are squeamish about pricking your finger to provide the blood, definitely use this ink instead. Check with a lawyer before signing any contract with the devil.

Anyway here is the simple maze that resulted from the pairing of these two inks. I edited out the worst of the smudging and it spot where a tiny speck of water fell on the page.





Here is the maze in the raw so that you can see the mistakes.



 

So, two down and three more inks to go for this month. As I said before, I probably will not have time to do a maze for Private Reserve Arabian Rose. This ink I already have and have used for my fourth maze.

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment