Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Drawing The Line - 14

This segment of the Line Around The World was rolled out on Thursday December 30th. It seems so long ago now, way back there in 2010. I received help from my wife Laura doing this segment. She was able to capture some truly exciting action shots of the process.

So here we go. We drove down to the start of the segment. I was actually very surprised by the number of people around the area. Many people witnessed the rolling out of the Line. Many people stopped and gawked at the sight, but only a couple actually asked what was going on.

Here is the start of this segment. This is roll 43. Yes, that is a police car, but it is not here because of me.



Here is an actual action shot of me rolling out the Line.


This is the view from the end of roll 43.



The reason for the swarms of people was that the building to the left is a court house. The judges there think they are sooo superior to us normal people. See, they even call it Superior Court. Well la de da. How about some modesty. How about calling it, Pretty Darn Good Court. I guess I shouldn't judge. Judge not, lest ye be judged and all that.



This is the view from the end of roll 44.




At this point I was beginning to get excited because I was about to reach my first goal. Remember at the very start of this project I speculated about getting corporate sponsorship? I mentioned Subway and the possibility of calling The Line Around The World, the Subway Line. Well we were about to pass by the Subway shop my wife and I go to. Here Laura is standing at the end of roll 45 which happens to be right outside the Subway.



Here is the view from the end of roll 46 which is the end of this segment.




This is another riveting action shot showing the gathering of the Line.



This is another view of the Subway. It was almost lunchtime so we decided to come back to get sandwiches.


When we did get back to the Subway, the guy asked if we had been measuring the sidewalk. I almost felt sorry for him as I replied with my standard, “I'm drawing a line around the world and I've gone over a mile now.” This seemed to take him aback abit, so I added, “I'm going to try to get corporate sponsorship from Subway.”

“From corporate?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I replied. I don't think he was very keen on sponsoring me. He seem to avoid the subject of the Line as he made our sandwiches. Since the year had not turned yet and I hadn't started my diet, I got cheese on my sandwich. Chips and a cookie too. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Jonathan




2 comments:

  1. Excellent!! I enjoyed this entry so much! More! More! Witty, readable, interesting, unique AND beautiful women! Encore! Encore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry said

    Nice subway is the best! Gotta get subway to sponser you so we can get free subway!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete