Sunday, July 10, 2011

Drawing The Line - 21

The following segment of my Line Around The World Project was rolled out last Sunday, July 3rd. Again I was able to get out and about early in the morning. This time there were several people out walking and jogging, but I was only able to talk to one of them. An older gentlemen stopped and asked me what I was doing. I replied. I'm working on an art project.”

That seemed to satisfy his curiosity and he turned away to continue his walk. So I added, “I'm drawing a line around the world.”

This made him turn back and look at me like I had lost my mind. He shook his head a little and said, “Good Luck!”

“Thanks,” I said.

Anyway, here is the start of roll 71.


By the way, for those people interested in where this is, I'm moving north along Monroe Street in Santa Clara, California. The road that I'm crossing here is Benton Street. 


The storm drains in this area spill out directly into San Francisco Bay. That is why most of them have a reminder on or around them



Here is the view of the end of roll 71. There are several nice old homes along here.



Since I'm planning on a North to South path around the world I will not be passing by the castles of Europe. It would nice to see my Line passing the castles on the Rhine, or even the ruins of Stonehenge. But I did pass a smallish castle during this segment. Here it is.


Here is the view north along the end of roll 72.


The owner of this house or a previous occupant was an arty type. Look at this tree. I almost passed by this without seeing it.


I like the way the Line looks along here.



Here is the view north from the end of roll 73.


Looking to the south roll 73 looks like this.


Roll 74 crossed Fremont Street. Here it is.


Now we come to the end of roll 74 which is the end of this segment. Here is the view north.


We are coming up to El Camino Real, although it is still a couple of segments away. When I get there I'm have to think about where to head next.

So far I've completed about 1.8 miles of the project. This is almost 0.007 percent of the total. I'll have to slow down so that I can savor it longer.


Jonathan




No comments:

Post a Comment