Sunday, July 3, 2011

Drawing The Line - 20

Last Sunday morning I managed to get out of bed early enough to roll out another segment of my Line Around the World Project. This was the first time I had worked on the project since my stroke and I wanted to do it without many other people around. As it turned out I only saw one person out on the street.

This segment goes by a small shopping area called Franklin Square. The public radio station I like, KKUP, once had their studio in this square, but it has since moved. There once was a cool Stamp and Coin Collector shop in it too. Once upon a time I thought it would be fun to collect stamps and I went in this shop to check it out. As a total novice I didn't have a clue about what stamps I wanted to collect. When the shop owner asked be what I collected I came up with the brilliant reply, “I like stamps with famous people on them.”

I still remember his smile and comment, “Most people on stamps are famous.” Unfortunately I often leave myself open for witty replies.

Well, my flirtation with stamp collecting didn't last long. It was a little too exciting for me. And now the shop is gone.

Anyway here is the start of roll 67. As you can see, there aren't any people around. Spooky isn't it?


Here is the view to the north from the end of roll 67. That's a pretty cool fountain huh?



Here is the view to the south from the end of roll 68.


Many years (28 of them) ago I use to wait for the bus here on my commute to Menlo Park. I had almost totally forgotten about those long commutes. Oh, it didn't take 28 years for the bus to show up, it just seemed like it.

Here is the view looking north from the end of roll 68.


Here is the view south from the end of roll 69.


Here is the end of roll 70.


This segment ends in front of a small Italian restaurant that has been around forever. Well since 1992 anyway. The food is pretty good.


This is a view of where we went during this segment. You can just see my MINI back at the start.



Here is another picture of the cool fountain I took while gathering up the line.


That is it for the day. I will be putting more effort into this project in the future.

Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment