Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Goulet Pen's September 2011 Ink Drop - Part 6

For the fifth and final page of my September Ink Drop I paired Private Reserve Sherwood Green and Waterman Florida Blue. This was another great combination. The colors look very good together, so the maze looks pretty cool. Here is what it looks like:


As I said in the previous post, the Sherwood Green surprised me because it turned out to behave very well. In the past I had used it in a cheap notebook and it performed worst than any ink I have ever used. On the Clairefontaine paper that I draw the ink drop mazes on it worked great. So make sure you use a good fountain pen friendly paper for this ink. I really like the bright green color.

The Waterman Florida Blue is a new ink to me. I used it in my Ducati Limited and I found that the line it produced was inconsistent. The line varies from a fairly pale blue to a good medium blue. I always use a Fine nib and so I don't really see a lot of shading with most inks. With the Florida Blue I think a broader nib would show quite a bit of shading. The ink dries quickly though. I had no smearing or smudging. There are so many blue inks on the market that there are herds of medium blues that are as good or better, in my opinion.

Here is what the maze looks like laid out in one place.


I will be posting the scanned pages in a couple of days so that you can take a crack at solving it. I'm quite pleased that after I put the node labels in at random, it turned out to produce an interesting maze right off. I didn't need to make any edits.

That's it for today.
Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment