Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Goulet Pen's September 2011 Ink Drop - Part 3

The samples in Goulet Pen Company's September Ink Drop all have a travel destination in their name. For the second page of this month's test maze I paired the Caran d'Ache Grand Canyon with Noodler's North African Violet. As I mentioned in my last post I was recently at the Grand Canyon, but I've never actually been in North Africa. I've seen a very small part of it while passing through the Strait of Gibraltar. It was pretty cool to see two continents at the same time.

As I said before the Caran d'Ache is a great ink. I really like the color because it is a neutral brown. It shows off other colors very well. It is a very well behaved ink that dries quickly. Can you tell that I like it?

The Noodler's North African Violet is also a well behaved ink. It also dries quickly. I experienced no smudging or smearing on the two pages I used it on. It is a bright purplish ink, not really as reddish as I would have expected. It worked very well in the Lamy Safari with an Extra Fine nib. The shading wasn't really noticeably with such a fine nib.

Here is a picture of the second page of the maze. The Pilot Vanishing Point and the Lamy Safari that I used are there beside the maze.


By the way, I've done all of the line work for this month's maze, but I haven't put in the node numbers or solved it yet. I'll get on that soon. It is a five page maze. I think it will be fun.

That's it for today.
Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment