Monday, September 26, 2011

Goulet Pen's September 2011 Ink Drop - Part 5

For the fourth page of the September Ink Drop maze I paired Noodler's North African Violet with Private Reserve Sherwood Green. This was a great combination. I really like the way the two colors go together. I talked about the North African Violet in my last post. In short, it is a very good ink and color which dries quickly.

In the past I had a bad experience with Private Reserve Sherwood Green and I wasn't looking forward to using it. My previous experience with it was with cheap notebook paper. The paper just soaked up the ink like a sponge and the line was uncontrollable. I did an page of my third maze with it and it turned out terrible. On the Clairefontaine paper Sherwood Green was a totally different ink. True, it still took a longer time to dry than any of the other inks, but the line was crisp. The color is a good bright green, like the Oakland A's green. My opinion of this ink has changed 180 degrees. The paper makes the difference.

Here is a picture of the fourth page of the maze with the two Lamy Safari pens I used. There is a subtle difference to this page. It is drawn counter clockwise unlike most of my mazes. You might find that you get dizzier than usual. I know I did.


That's it for today.
Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment