Monday, March 28, 2011

A Maze - Page 42

Today I bring you the 42nd page of my first maze. It is much the same as all of the previous pages. Some people might consider this 'sameness' tedious. And say it like it is a bad thing. But that is the whole point of this long multiple page maze. Nowadays each page on my newer  mazes has a structure which results in a design. Each one is entirely different than all others, but when you combine them into a 90 page maze, they too seem to blur together. Critics might, will, and have complained about this, but they don't seem to realize that tedium is the point. I'm immune to suggestions like “you should make a maze that looks like something, like a dragon, unicorn, cat … etc”. They mean well, and I've seen those sort of mazes. Frankly that would ruin the purity of my mazes. They are just that, Mazes, nothing else. Nothing cutesy. But oh so deliciously tedious!

So here is the scanned and edited version of page 42.

Page 42



Here the same page in the wild. Beside the maze is a box containing my latest acquisition. It is hard to believe that they can pack an entire motorcycle in that little box, isn't it? Well, you are in for a surprise!


 

Until next time.

Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment