Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Goulet Pens March 2011 Ink Drop - Part 3

The top vote getter for the March Ink Drop selection was Noodler's Baystate Blue. I was curious about it myself, but I already have a boatload of blue ink. Well maybe not a boatload, but the greater part of a shoe box that's for sure. So I was excited to get to try this controversial ink without having to buy a whole bottle. Controversial? Don't ask! If you need to know, google it. It is bogus.

I used the J. Herbin Rouge Hermatite as the base color for this test maze with the Noodler's Baystate Blue. The Rouge showed its fragility again when after more than a day of drying it still was smudged by my hand. The Baystate Blue was amazing though. It really stunned me a bit when I first saw it on the Cairefontaine paper. It is a bright slightly purplish blue. I was expecting it to be difficult to work with, but there was no problem at all. It dries very quickly and stayed where I put it. Very nice!

Here is the scanned and edited version of the test maze. It is impossible for me to capture the vividness of the blue for the screen.


Here is the maze in real life. Beside it is a page from my fifth maze. Fourteen pages are done so far, all completed mainly with February and March Ink Drop inks.




We are running out of month before I run out of ink. I have one more ink to test. This is the Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng. I'll post that maze when I finish it.

Jonathan



No comments:

Post a Comment