Saturday, April 2, 2011

Goulet Pens March 2011 Ink Drop - Part 4

The last ink that I tested from the March Ink Drop was Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng. This is a dark grayish blue ink which is suppose to have the characteristics of the first royal ink of China. It is one of Noodler's bulletproof offerings and has a limited availability. I found it to be an excellent ink. It flows strongly making the drier writing of my two pens write wet. It shades quite a bit even with the Pilot fine nibs. It reminds me of Private Reserve Ebony Blue a little bit, but it is a better ink. I could see using this as a daily work ink. Then I was born to be King.


Here is the one page test maze which was drawn with the Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng and Noodler's Baystate Blue. For some reason the scan leans much too far to purple.


 


Here is the maze in real life. Here you can see the blue better. Next to the test maze is a page from my new big maze using the same inks.


 

Monday the April Ink Drop will probably show up and I'll have to work hard again. I'm going to take Sunday off.

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment