Saturday, April 16, 2011

Goulet Pens April 2011 Ink Drop - part 3

This is the second of April's Goulet Pen's Ink Drop inks, “Easter Egg #2”. I paired it with the blue “Easter Egg #1” from earlier in this test maze. I will say that using the #1 for several more pages of my fifth maze as well as for this maze, it has started to grow on me. I had said that it is an unremarkable blue, but it is a nice blue. It is well behaved and dries quickly. It looks quite purplish when it first hits the paper, but turns more bluish and softens as it dries. It still reminds me of Bic pen ink, but if I didn't have a ton of blue ink already I could see purchasing it. What brand and color is it? I'm still working on that.


Now to the Easter Egg #2. It is a bluish-green ink. I like this ink. There is quite a bit of shading with it even with a Fine nib. The Ducati Medium Nib pen I used actually looks like a Fine to me. The pen/nib combination was great, very smooth on the paper surface with a steady ink flow. I did get a little smudging, but that's because I'm clumsy. The shading properties of this ink remind me of two inks from the October Ink Drop. These are the Diamine Pumpkin and the Private Reserve Orange Crush. So I'm looking among these brands for my guess and Diamine Green are not green enough to be this green. So for me, this seems to be a Private Reserve ink, but I'm probably WAY off.

For my test maze I drew a quick decision maze based on the biggest decision that we make in our lives. That question is of course, where should we go the eat? I put down a few of the places we like (Notice that Subway is not on the list. They haven't come through with sponsorship for my Line Around The World Project yet). Then I drew a simple maze that leads to them all. Trace a path to one and that is the place to go eat. It is as easy and yet profound as that. Not to be morbid, but each meal could well be your last so it might as well be a good one.

Here is the scanned and edited (and corrected) version. Speelling is nat mi strng suete.



Here is the same page in the wild with the Ducati pen which I used for the green Easter Egg #2. The cap is post-able, that being technical talk for, “you can stick the cap onto the back end of the pen”. While using the pen I don't post it. If you do the balance is very much to the back. Much as Casey Stone's Ducati was last year in MotoGP. He often lost the front end when cornering.




It will be a busy weekend. I still have three more ink to test. The deadline for the contest for guessing  what the inks are is Monday April 18.

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment