Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Goulet Pen's August 2011 Ink Drop - Part 5

Sailor Jentle Epinard was the last ink to be tested from the August Ink Drop. I loaded it into a Pilot Vanishing Point, the same one that I used for the Noodler's Blue Nose Bear. I paired it with Waterman Havana Brown for the maze, which I have already talked about.

Epinard is French for spinach (you know the French have a different word for everything). You would expect this ink to be very deep green and so it is. I don't know if it is as dark as spinach. I don't eat as much spinach as I use to when I was younger. They tell me that when I was 1 year old I went through a stage where spinach was the only thing I ate. So it was probably spinach that I was eating that afternoon while sitting in my high chair in the kitchen and the clothes washing machine attacked me. Well it tried to attack me. It had become off balance enough that it was rocking from side to side so much that it was swaggering menacingly towards me. Yes it was frightening and I avoid doing laundry as much as possible even to this day.

Nevertheless, the Sailor Jentle Epinard was a pleasant ink to use. It took a little longer to dry than the other inks in this month's sample. I had a couple small smears while drawing the test maze, but none on the two other pages I used it on. It seems to me that there is an olive tint to this green. It is a perfectly good ink, especially for those times that you are coloring in a Popeye cartoon. And there are probably several other times a good green ink will come in handy.

So I hope this quick review will be helpful. It is unlikely, but you never know. Here is a picture of the last page of this month's maze along with the pens I used.


I've been even more lazy than usual, so I still haven't scanned in the maze yet. I'll post the whole thing in a few days though.

Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment