Sunday, August 21, 2011

Goulet Pen's August 2011 Ink Drop - Part 4

Next up for testing from the August Ink Drop is Waterman Havana Brown. This is a very fine brown a little to the red side. I put it in one of my new Lamy Safaris which has an Extra Fine nib on it. This combination worked very well. The ink flows smoothly and is a bit wet, but it dries quick enough that even clumsy as I am, I had no smearing or smudging. This ink reminds be of the “Mud Slinging” Ink Drop from way back in December which was all browns. Just where on the brown scale this ink fits, I can't say. It became clear that it is reddish  when I saw the Montegrappa Bordeaux alongside it.

The ink that I paired with the Waterman was Montegrappa Bordeaux. I talked about this ink in the previous Ink Drop post. Before starting to draw with this ink I imagined that there would be a definite difference between these two inks. As you can see in the picture there is not much difference at all. I was surprised. It is true that the Bordeaux brings out the red in the Havana Brown and the Brown brings out the brown in the Bordeaux. You must peer very closely to see where one ink ends and the other begins. No doubt if I was using broader nibs the difference would be more prononced.


In the picture the Waterman Havana Brown forms the entry nodes labeled 3A, 3B and 3C and the paths immediately surrounding them. The Montegrappa Bordeaux was used for the outer layers. The two pens that I used are there as well.

This page is not a maze by itself. It is but one page of a four page maze. You need all four pages for it to make sense. I will be posting the entire maze in about a week.

That's it for today.

Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment