Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Goulet Pen's August 2011 Ink Drop - Finale

The Noodler's Blue Nose Bear ink that was one of the samples in the August Ink Drop from Goulet Pen Company is suppose to react to UV light. The card that came with the samples says to use it on ivory paper for the best effect. Unfortunately I don't use anything except bright white paper because I want to see the colors of the inks and I think white paper does shows them best.

But I do have a notebook that has some off white paper. It is the one I use for my flight log. I'm not a pilot, but I play one in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Here is what the log book looks like. I write kind of small.



So I drew a very simple one page page to test the Noodler's Blue Nose Bear. With the paper in this notebook I did notice some feathering and a little bleeding of the ink. This is to be expected with paper not designed for fountain pens. Yous can see the blue halo effect where the word 'Start” is in this picture.


Now here is the page under UV light. The picture is not the best. In real life you can make out a little reaction, but not much. It seems to be mainly the light blue halo part of the light that reacts. The scotch tape reacts more than the ink. I'm guessing that the effect would be more pronounced using a Board nib instead of a Fine one.


For those of you who want a simple maze, here is the scanned and lightly edited version.


Now I'm ready for next month's Ink Drop. If you are interested in recieving sample ink you can join the Ink Drop here.

Jonathan


No comments:

Post a Comment