Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Maze - Page 38

We just got back from a trip down to Santa Cruz. It is sad days down there since the Border's store downtown is closing. It was always fun to look at the books and magazines, but I guess we didn't buy enough of them to keep them in business.

I wish I had brought my camera down with me because we saw something different. There is a beach down by the lighthouse on West Cliff which is a dog beach. It is taken over by dogs in the evenings. So it wasn't unusual to see a dog down there from the path above. What was unusual was to see one in a fit of artistic creation. I'm not kidding. This dog was digging in the sand with its forepaws creating a pattern. There were two guys watching, taking pictures or video while apparently encouraging this artistic dog. The pattern it was drawing looked like Micky Mouse, well sort of. Every minute or so it would stop and give a couple of barks. We watched the dog for five minutes or so, then continued our walk. On our return about fifteen minutes later the dog was still at it and it was now in the twilight. Maybe it works all night. It could be, I don't know what artistic dogs do. Don't be surprised if you see this dog on YouTube soon.

Anyway, here is today's page of my first maze. First the scanned and edited version.

Page 38



Here is the same page in the wild. This picture was taken outside the door of the chapel up at the New Camadoli Hermitage in Big Sur. I have several pictures of the maze in that area.



That's it.

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment