Friday, December 24, 2010

Drawing The Line - 12

On Monday December 20th, after I had posted the 17th page of my maze, I looked out my window and was amazed to see that it had stopped raining. The streets were still a bit wet, but looked to be drying out. Maybe I could roll out my Line after all. I packed up four rolls of cash register tape, some scotch tape, some masking tape and my camera in my pack back. I asked my wife if she wanted to go out and help since I wasn't going to wear my Mad Hatter hat. “No, you go have a good time,” she answered.

So off I went. It was much colder than I expected from looking out the window. I wished that I had worn a sweater under my jacket, but I pressed on undaunted. It was 4,480 feet to the start of this segment. Here is the view from where the 35th roll started crossing an intersection.


Here is end of roll 35.






Here is the view from the end of roll 36. Notice again that I cut out the part of a line segment in a busy intersection.



This is the view from the end of roll 37.




This is the end of roll 38. This happened to be a quiet intersection.



After I had started to gather up my Line again, I noticed someone familiar walking along the Line towards me. Well, what do you know, the person turned out to be my wife. I think she was mighty impressed. The Line is now 5,000 feet long in all its glory. She agreed that it was a bit on the cool side. The weather I mean.

Jonathan

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan. I wish you had asked for hatting advice of your blog readers. I think you need a different hat, one more suitable to the adventure of drawing a line around the world. You need a toppee or what American types call a pith helmet! Just picture it - you'd look very dashing and the toppee just suggests high adventure and exploration! And it would be so very useful especially in those unforeseeable situations that are bound to happen on an adventure such you have embarked on...heckling spectator, why just headbutt him with your toppee or even fling the toppee and bean him! A toppee would provide protection from falling debris from trees, shade in the heat and if the unthinkable should happen, you stop at a 7-11 and they are out of buckets, you can whip off your toppee and tell them to "fill'er up with diet coke!" In short, I think and Mark concurs with me that a toppee would be the ideal hat for you.

    Congratulations on the Line progress! Excellent work!

    With Admiration,

    Midori

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual Midori, you've made a pithy comment. I guess I was thinking ahead to when I reach the polar regions. And as any snowman knows, a top hat is tops. But for everyday adventuring a pith helmet can't be beat. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonathan, a pithy comment indeed! Hee-hee! I think you are being very witty.

    I think there are occasions where a top hat is appropriate...but a pith helmet, you know you need one! The soul of every adventurer needs a toppee! It gives one such a dashing air and people just gravitate to them - they sense the adventure spirit and hope that some of that same spirit rubs off on them. Mark has one and I'm sure he can give you a referral to his hattier. And everytime he wears it, people always commment "nice hat!"

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry said

    I have a few ideas on the Line around the world! I'll share them with you later today!

    Until then check out this link the song applies to this! Kinda.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Vt3E1SBgI

    ReplyDelete